Bonds for accommodation

When asylum seekers get permission to stay in the UK they have to leave their existing accommodation within 28 days and they become homeless. Their local authority has to assist them finding alternative accommodation but if the asylum seeker wants to move to an other local authority – due to work or live near relatives or friends – there is no obligation for that local authority to help find accommodation.

Some asylum seekers look to hire private accommodation when they receive permission to stay. However, finding the money to pay for the bond is often impossible. However, there are organisations who can help with the bond.